Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Baby DYLAN Arrives. . .

August 19, 2010


I received a call from Karen at 10:30 pm Wednesday night. She said that Cindy, my youngest sister, was in labor and at the hospital. They had broke her water and checked her in. So as the plan was, Karen and I were invited to be there for Dylan's birth.

So as life would have it, I had just got ready for bed. I got back up and got myself ready and headed to Salt Lake for a big adventure. When I got there, Cindy had already had an epidural and was doing great. She was only dilated to a 5, so we had a long night ahead of us.

They wanted Cindy to get some rest, so Karen and I went to the waiting room. The couches have a lot to be desired as far as resting on them, but we did our best and laughed alot.


Kelly came to get us about 4:30 am and things were progressing. As we got to the room, they lost Dylan's heartbeat and took Cindy right away for a c-section. They were gone about an hour and came back with sweet Baby Dylan.

He weighted 6 lbs. 1 oz. and was 20 inches long. He was born at 5:28 am. He is such a sweet baby and it was a delight to spend his first day with them. Mom and dad came down to visit in the afternoon, so it was fun to see them too.

Karen and I stayed until evening and by the time I got home and to bed, I had been up a total of 40 hours. I don't think I was functioning at all by the time I hit my pillow. It was well worth the staying up to enjoy our sweet little Dylan.













One Happy Mother. . .

1 comment: