
Ryan had to have an EGG Test. This is a test that he has to wear for 24 hours. They connect about 30 electrodes to his head and chest and it reads what is going on in certain parts of his brain. They decided to use a cap to connect the ones on his head hoping that they would stay in better.
He didn't understand what was going on and didn't want those things on his head. He got a bit upset and I told him when we took it off tomorrow I would take him to Partyland to get a hat and sword. I also told him we would stop at Taco Bell for 2 Bean Burrito's (this is Ryan's favorite meal). So that settled him down for a few minutes.

He did okay until we had to leave the doctor's office with it still on his head. I don't know how to make him understand that he had to wear it for 24 hours. So we got in the car and as we headed home he got pretty mad. I had a few war wounds from this encounter. He settled down after about hour and realized that he had to keep it on.
I had him sleep by me all night, and, of course, he didn't sleep at all the whole night. We had given him some Tylenol PM hoping it would help him sleep, but to no avail. He stayed awake the entire night. It was just too strange for him having all these things hooked up to his body.
I had to record what he was doing for the full 24 hours, so I was pretty excited myself when 7:00 pm came and we could go back to the doctor and get it all off. Ryan was one happy boy when they started taking it all off. He just kept saying, "Good Job!" He did do a good job I have to admit. So as soon as he was finished, he was ready to go to Partyland for his hat and Taco Bell for his Burritos.


Ryan and I were both pretty exhausted with the whole ordeal and were glad to get home and get a good night sleep.
And here I thought you were testing eggs for salmonella, or some other strange thing.
ReplyDeleteGlad its over. Hopefully it helps to figure something out.
ReplyDelete